Audio demux issue with DGDemux 1.0.0.62

DAE avatar
Peter

Post by Peter »

The disc in question is an Arrow BD ("The Initiation of Sarah"). The playlist has 3 streams (M2TS files). The first and last streams are 1 second long (black screen video), and the middle stream is the complete movie. The first (1 second) stream has no audio or subtitle tracks. The last (1 second) stream has audio and subtitle tracks.

If I demux with DGDemux 1.0.0.61, selecting "Skip first M2TS," and then mux using MKVToolNix, the resulting MKV plays fine (audio & video).

If I demux with DGDemux 1.0.0.62, selecting "Skip first M2TS," the audio files (1 DTS-HD MA and 1 AC-3) are very small and only a couple of seconds long. It seems like it might be skipping the middle (instead of the first) M2TS file, for the audio tracks only. The video and subtitle files generated are the same size between the 2 versions of DGDemux (I did not do a binary compare, but the files are the same size, unlike the audio files).

Separate issue (maybe I should create another topic): In both versions, the subtitles were not demuxed properly. In the demuxed SUP file, the start/stop times of the last caption, which was the (single) caption from the last M2TS file, were 00:01.043 - 00:01.960. If I demux that M2TS manually, it looks like the caption should be 00:00.042 - 00:00.959. So, DGDemux offset the caption by 1.001 seconds, but it should have been offset by the length of the middle M2TS file (~1:36:47.178).
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Please give me a link to purchase that exact disk.

Also, make sure you redownload the very latest build 62, as it went through some iterations.
DAE avatar
Peter

Post by Peter »

Rocky wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:45 am
Please give me a link to purchase that exact disk.

Also, make sure you redownload the very latest build 62, as it went through some iterations.
Here is a link for the BD in question:

Code: Select all

https://www.amazon.com/The-Initiation-of-Sarah-Blu-ray/dp/B09X1Z18L3
I recall seeing other Arrow BDs with this structure in the past, as well (with 3 streams, where the 1st and 3rd are 1 second long "black-screen" streams), so, this disc may not be the norm from the company, but it's not a unique case, either.

Out of curiosity, while I'm sure that having the exact disc would help to debug the issue, since v61 was able to demux the audio properly and v62 does not, wouldn't it be easier to review the relevant changes between the 2 versions (unless, of course, the changes were many or substantial)? I'm not trying to criticize here, so I hope that it doesn't come across that way (I'm just genuinely curious).

I downloaded 62, from this site, just this morning. I'd assume that's the latest, but please correct me, if it's been updated since then.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Peter wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:21 am
Here is a link for the BD in question:

Code: Select all

https://www.amazon.com/The-Initiation-of-Sarah-Blu-ray/dp/B09X1Z18L3
Thank you, I've ordered it. It will be here in two days.
Out of curiosity, while I'm sure that having the exact disc would help to debug the issue, since v61 was able to demux the audio properly and v62 does not, wouldn't it be easier to review the relevant changes between the 2 versions (unless, of course, the changes were many or substantial)? I'm not trying to criticize here, so I hope that it doesn't come across that way (I'm just genuinely curious).
I use multiple approaches to fix issues. The changes were significant. Sure, comparing might shed some light, but easier for me is to just use the debugger to see why the current code is failing. We're not going back to 61 design. ;) And finally, having the disk in hand allows me to test fixes.

The build on line is the latest one.
DAE avatar
Peter

Post by Peter »

Rocky wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:44 am
I use multiple approaches to fix issues. The changes were significant. Sure, comparing might shed some light, but easier for me is to just use the debugger to see why the current code is failing. We're not going back to 61 design. ;) And finally, having the disk in hand allows me to test fixes.

The build on line is the latest one.
Thanks for the response. Those points certainly make sense to me. I look forward to your findings.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Re-download 1.0.0.62 and update DGDemux.exe. Garbage stripping got confused and thought it was enabled. Oops. Let me know how it goes.

Please open a new thread for the subtitle issue.
Britney

Post by Britney »

DAE avatar
Peter

Post by Peter »

It does seem to be fixed now. Thanks.