General Questions?

DAE avatar
DelBoy83

General Questions?

Post by DelBoy83 »

Being a new member of the forum I'm not sure if these questions have come up before so apologies if they have.

1. Has there been any talk of a queue option where you can queue up your blu-ray/uhd? eac3to has one which works very well so I thought I'd ask. It's no big deal either way.

2. Chapters - in regards to chapters dgdemux always has an extra chapter for some reason compared to a remux with makemkv or eac3to so dgdemux would have 11 chapters and the other two would have 10 chapters. All makemkv/eac3to chapters finish before the movie around 10-15 minutes from the end whereas dgdemux tends to have a chapter point at the very end of the movie which to me isn't needed.

3. Naming of demuxed files. UsEac3to GUI a very nice program that uses eac3to labels the file names like this 2. Eng DTS-HD MA 2.0 3. Ita PCM 1.0. I find the way dgdemux labels the files is alot more difficult to tell what the file is. Maybe it's just the fact that I'm so used to using eac3to, I don't know but I thought I'd just put it out there.

4. Subtitles - would their be a way of telling us how many subtitles are present to make life easier when navigating the subtitle tracks.

These are just small things I've picked up on since using the program. Thank you
Rocky

General Questions?

Post by Rocky »

1. Batch processing. Some cmd-level scripts have been developed that you could try. It won't be natively supported any time soon.

2. If it is in the disk data we show it.

3. Show specific examples so I can see the difference that disturbs you. Show both versions and explain what seems missing to you.

4. It could only be done after fully parsing/demuxing, but that is already done.
DAE avatar
DelBoy83

General Questions?

Post by DelBoy83 »

OK thank you for the quick reply. I will give you an example of question 3 when I get home. Once again thank you for the wonderful job your doing.
DAE avatar
DelBoy83

General Questions?

Post by DelBoy83 »

Rocky wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:18 pm
1. Batch processing. Some cmd-level scripts have been developed that you could try. It won't be natively supported any time soon.

2. If it is in the disk data we show it.

3. Show specific examples so I can see the difference that disturbs you. Show both versions and explain what seems missing to you.

4. It could only be done after fully parsing/demuxing, but that is already done.
Hi Rocky, in regards to the earlier chat about question 3 here is the names extracted by UsEac3to133

2 - h264, 1080p24.h264
3 - DTS Master Audio, English, 2.0 channels, 24 bits, 48kHz.dtsma
4 - DTS Master Audio, Chinese, 2.0 channels, 24 bits, 48kHz.dtsma
5 - AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 224kbps, 48kHz
6 - Subtitle (PGS), English, 897 captions

Here is the demuxed track names with dgdemux

5356 PID 1011.avc
5356 PID 1100 48 1536 eng DELAY 0ms
5356 PID 1101 48 1536 zho DELAY 0ms
5356 PID 1102 2.0ch 48KHz 224Kbps eng DELAY 0ms
5356 PID 1200 eng

I personally think the eac3to produced names are alot easier to work out, especially in terms of recognizing the audio tracks. Also if you notice the subtitles has the amount of captions within the subtitle track which makes it easier to recognize whether the track is a standard subtitle track or an SDH track which would be longer.
Rocky

General Questions?

Post by Rocky »

Before answering in detail, please explain why you have a bunch of missing file extensions? Can you please edit your post to fix that? Also, of the five names you have shown which one most exemplifies your notion of "alot easier to work out", and why that is the case for you?
DAE avatar
DelBoy83

General Questions?

Post by DelBoy83 »

Rocky wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:32 pm
Before answering in detail, please explain why you have a bunch of missing file extensions? Can you please edit your post to fix that? Also, of the five names you have shown which one most exemplifies your notion of "alot easier to work out", and why that is the case for you?
Hi Rocky, the file extensions are missing as I just copied and pasted the text from the filenames. In regard to the five names, I think the eac3to naming is better on all files and easier to work out as the actual name is shown. For example eac3to straight away tells you the file is DTS-Master audio whereas dgdemux doesn't word it. These are all small things I've picked up on since changing my demuxing tool from eac3to to dgdemux. Thankyou
Rocky

General Questions?

Post by Rocky »

I will respond only to specific proposals. You have hinted at only one: you'd like to identify DTSMA from the filename. My proposal would be to change the extension to dtsma.

Regarding the extensions in your post, you show it for the video but not for all the audio, so I don't buy your claim about cut and paste. And you refused my request to correct the post.
DAE avatar
DelBoy83

General Questions?

Post by DelBoy83 »

Apologies Rocky, I believe I had 'add file extensions' unchecked. I think that might be the problem, I will double check when I get home. I'm sticking with dgdemux as the layout and ease of use appeals to me. The small things I mentioned were just things I thought could be added/improved. On the whole the program is great and I'm very pleased to have it as part of my demuxing setup.
Sherman

General Questions?

Post by Sherman »

Thank you, we appreciate the feedback. :salute:
Sherman Peabody
Director of Linux Development
Rocky

General Questions?

Post by Rocky »

Yes indeed, thank you, DelBoy83!