EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by DelBoy83 »

Curly wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:26 pm
DelBoy83 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:19 am
I'd be 100% in favour
That is not enough for me. ;)
This is my preference due to what I see posted online. The majority, if not everybody use -keepdialnorm so I just followed the crowd. Having it reversed would save me time in constantly looking to see if audio has dialnorm and having to type 'dialnorm' every time.
Curly

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by Curly »

I was just teasing WW but thank you.

I have the change coded and working. Gotta do some testing then give you a test version.
Curly Howard
Director of EAC3TO Development
Curly

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by Curly »

Here is a test version for the DN changes:

* You now have -removeDialnorm instead of -keepDialnorm. You will keep dial norm
automatically unless you give -removeDialnorm.
* Performance has been substantially improved by removing unnecessary CRC checks.
* In the streams listing the dialnorm values are now always shown. Previously, if the
value was 0 or >30 the value was not shown.
* If -removeDialnorm is given and a stream is already at -31dB, this is shown with
a 'skipping' message. Previously nothing was printed, leaving the user possibly wondering
what is going on.

Your test results will be appreciated.

https://rationalqm.us/misc/eac3to_mod_3.39_test.rar
Curly Howard
DAE avatar
DelBoy83

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by DelBoy83 »

Curly wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:20 am
Here is a test version for the DN changes:

* You now have -removeDialnorm instead of -keepDialnorm.
* Performance has been substantially improved by removing unnecessary CRC checks.
* In the streams listing the dialnorm values are now always shown. Previously, if the
value was 0 or >30 the value was not shown.
* If -removeDialnorm is given and a stream is already at -31dB, this is shown with
a 'skipping' message. Previously nothing was printed, leaving the user possibly wondering
what is going on.

Your test results will be appreciated.

Hi Curly,

Thankyou for the quick update, your certainly not wasting anytime 😉 . So if I'm reading this correctly, remove dialnorm is no long default and keep dialnorm is?
The first * confused me (
You now have -removeDialnorm instead of -keepDialnorm.) I thought -keepdialnorm keeps the dialnorm and -removedialnorm removes dialog normalisation? I'm not home to check but I'll certainly check when I eventually get home.
Curly

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by Curly »

You will keep dial norm automatically unless you give -removeDialnorm. BTW, -removeDialnorm just writes the dialnorm field to -31 dB. It doesn't actually remove anything. I updated my post above to clarify that.
Curly Howard
DAE avatar
DelBoy83

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by DelBoy83 »

Thankyou for clarifying the change, Curly. I'm definitely pleased now knowing that 'remove dialog normalization' is no longer the default. Also I'm just wondering whether their would be an option that could maybe automatically convert LPCM/PCM tracks to flac? Obviously I know you have other stuff your in the middle of but I just thought I'd ask as that's definitely something that takes up valuable time having to look for the LPCM/PCM tracks to then convert one by one to flac.
DAE avatar
manuelrn

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by manuelrn »

Curly wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:20 am
Here is a test version:

Hi and thanks!
I don't know if you read my previous message, as it was my first message and was hidden until moderation approved it. I mention it because I was talking about that topic:
https://rationalqm.us/board/viewtopic.p ... 402#p18402
manuelrn wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:01 pm
Curly wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:39 am
Personally I would not remove all those checks and verifications that eac3to does. It is not an oversight or poor programming code that adds slowness to the process, it is something that was implemented on purpose to make sure that the source does not contain errors.

eac3to is very much characterized by being very meticulous, checking everything and correcting possible errors (and so many other things related to this, such as the '2nd pass' that you also mentioned previously). Not to simply extract the bits as is, for that there are other alternative tools.

For example when you have made a dump of a BD/UHD disc and it has not been dumped 100% correct (there was some problem that made that in a very short fragment some bits were altered), or you have a MKV that contains a track that is not 100% clean and contain some error, or whatever.... if the user makes a demux/remux of that Full BD/UHD with any other program (MKVToolNix, MakeMKV, etc...) those programs will simply copy the bits from one file to another without processing or verifying almost anything and without reporting this kind of problems, so the user will not know if there is something wrong and will think that everything is correct...
However if there is any problem or corruption in the data, eac3to will almost certainly notice it and notify the user in the log, which will make the user easily realize that there is something wrong and try to find a solution for it (re-dump the disc again, or whatever).

In short, the purpose of eac3to has always been processing and checking and reliability of data handling, not speed.

Greetings and I am glad that eac3to is still in development with you ;)
Curly

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by Curly »

Thanks for the clarification!
Curly Howard
skull

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by skull »

Curly wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:48 pm
Thanks for the clarification!
Based on the above, I think it would be best of both worlds to have an option to either have all of these "additional" quality control checks on or off using a toggle, depending on what the default behaviour is. So, let's say CRC checks are OFF by default (like latest test build now), then you have something like -qcmode or -extrachecks for advanced users. Just my 2 cents. Thank you for the continued development! Latest test version working great so far on my end. :)
DAE avatar
Bandits

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by Bandits »

Can you fix -minPlayListRuntime

Worked in 3.34
Broken in 3.36+

-minPlayListRuntime=0:00:00 only way to see all playlists.
Curly

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by Curly »

skull wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:03 pm
Based on the above, I think it would be best of both worlds to have an option to either have all of these "additional" quality control checks on or off using a toggle, depending on what the default behaviour is.
Great idea. I'll see what I can do.

Thank you for your testing and welcome to the forum, skull!
Curly Howard
Curly

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by Curly »

Bandits wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:04 am
Can you fix -minPlayListRuntime
I'll check it out.

Regarding your second post with bug report. I did reproduce the unknown parameters. For the bad demux, you say it can't be reproduced with the file you submitted. Can you please upload a larger sample somewhere and link it here? Thank you. Meanwhile, I'll look at the unknown parameters issue.
Curly Howard
DAE avatar
DelBoy83

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by DelBoy83 »

Just to confirm the latest test build is working absolutely fine. I did a couple of tests last night and everything is working as it should. Also I'm not sure if it's a known bug but on seamless branching discs with two versions of the film, bdinfo reports hidden tracks with * next to them (some of the tracks are for the theatrical version and the rest for the unrated cut) when putting the playlist into eac3to all tracks are shown when really it should just be the tracks for the specific cut of the film. When using dgdemux/makemkv only the correct tracks are chosen and not all. I'm not sure anything can be done but just thought I'd put it out there.
Curly

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by Curly »

Thanks DelBoy83. I'll put it on the list.

@Bandits

The HEVC parsing failure for your stream is due to incorrect/incomplete parsing of the SPS. I can fix that but first I have to figure out how the madBits stuff is working, etc. May take a while. It's high priority of course. Rocky went through an ordeal parsing the SPS for DG stuff, so maybe madshi got tired and made some assumptions that are not true for all streams. Rocky almost bailed out like that but stuck with it to the end.
Curly Howard
DAE avatar
Bandits

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by Bandits »

Thanks for looking at it. It hasn't been fixed since 2018 so not much I could have done anyway. I just don't use eac3to for UHD. The -minPlayListRuntime is kind of a big deal since you can't see smaller playlists without it.

Do you still want larger sample. I think it was around 15 megs when it showed, but I would have to remember how I made the sample. I could not post larger sample on the old bug reporter.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/vm55552c ... thfls&dl=0

00016.m2ts is 16 megs and corrupts when demuxed. Created by cutting with Hex Editor. I believe this is how madshi had me do the original 8 meg one.
Curly

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by Curly »

Thank you. I have that unknown parameters thing and the demux fixed. Please re-download the 3.39 test version and let me know how it works.

Gonna take a look at -minPlayListRuntime now. Can you explain how I can obtain your error? What are you asking for to be fixed?

EDIT: Option seems totally missing. I opened CARS_2 and it shows only 00801 and 00004 but 00800 should also be shown. I'm going to make it simply show all MPLSs. Like DGDemux.
Curly Howard
Curly

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by Curly »

Modified 3.39_test to show all MPLS files when opening at disk level.

Re-download to get the fix.

My main immediate goal is to make it usable for UHD disks. We may be there now, thanks to you guys. ;)
Curly Howard
DAE avatar
DelBoy83

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by DelBoy83 »

Thank you so much for the effort, it is very much appreciated. You have made some nice changes within a short space of time. It's also nice to have all playlists shown as sometimes you want more than just the main movie.
Curly

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by Curly »

Oh thanks DelBoy83. We don't mess around here in DG land. Well maybe Sherman. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. And yes, I decide what is right. Got it?

I have to update the bugs/requests thread. Bugs always take priority.

Sherman wouldn't know a Delphi if it bit him in the ass. He'd be like what.
Curly Howard
DAE avatar
DelBoy83

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by DelBoy83 »

Oh one more small thing, if you can add to the list please. Some movies have forced subtitles within the full subtitle stream, would it be possible to demux to its own subtitle track?
Curly

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by Curly »

Everything is possible in DG land. That sounds like DGDemux stuff. Be warned, you can't pleese everywun. If u like it they will hate it. That's why I decide waht is right. OK?
Curly Howard
DAE avatar
DelBoy83

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by DelBoy83 »

I know everything is possible, thats why I asked 😉 I also use dgdemux alot too - fantastic piece of kit. Thanks again Curly.
Curly

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by Curly »

Starting to like this guy.
Curly Howard
DAE avatar
Bandits

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by Bandits »

Curly wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:06 am
Thank you. I have that unknown parameters thing and the demux fixed. Please re-download the 3.39 test version and let me know how it works.

Gonna take a look at -minPlayListRuntime now. Can you explain how I can obtain your error? What are you asking for to be fixed?

EDIT: Option seems totally missing. I opened CARS_2 and it shows only 00801 and 00004 but 00800 should also be shown. I'm going to make it simply show all MPLSs. Like DGDemux.
Yes, it's totally missing in 3.36 and on. Options for -minPlayListRuntime= -maxPlayListRuntime= were added in 3.33 and updated in 3.34 but disappeared in 3.36. Thanks for opening all playlist but it would still be nice someday to have the original options back, as you can state the minimum and maximum size you want to filter. I understand it is not high priority.

Can confirm 3.39 displays correct video parameters for Patriots Day (2016) and demuxed h256 file shows no corruption. Both bugs 534 and 634 are fixed.
DAE avatar
oniiz86

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by oniiz86 »

I believe eac3to has an issue with DTS-HD MA 7.1 streams that have a DTS ES 6.1 Matrix extension "DTS ES XLL", it is incorrectly flagged as DTS ES "5.1" when it should be "6.1", eac3to mentions "strange setup" in the log analysis.
2: DTS Master Audio, English, 7.1 (strange setup) channels, 24 bits, 48kHz, dialnorm: -4dB
(core: DTS-ES, 5.1 channels, 1509kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -4dB)
"DTS-HD MA 7.1"
The -logdts command has no mention of "6.1" channels, it flags the extension as DTS ES "5.1"
+ DTS-Core
- frameSize 2012
- DTS-ES +
- channelNo 5
- lfe 1
- channelDescr 5.1
- samplingRate 48000
- bitDepth 24
- bitrate 1509000
- dialNorm 4
- samplesPerFrame 512
- copyHistory 1
+ DTS-HD
- fullSize 132
- headerSize 36
- refClockCode 1/48000
- frameDurationCode 1
- activeMasks [1], [[1]]
+ Asset [0]
- fullSize 96
- headerSize 16
- corePackets Core
- extSubStrPackets XLL
- bitResolution 24
- maxSampleRate 48000
- totalNumChannels 8
- dialNorm -4dB
- activeSpeakers C L R Ls Rs LFE Lsr Rsr ($4f)
MediaInfo v18.05 (older MediaInfo version is utilised as it reports DTS extensions in greater detail) recognises it correctly, it mentions "ES Matrix" along with 7 channels (6.1)
Audio #1
ID : 2
ID in the original source m : 4352 (0x1100)
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile : MA / ES Matrix / Core
Codec ID : A_DTS
Duration : 3 min 0 s
Bit rate mode : Variable / Constant / Constant
Bit rate : 5 639 kb/s / 1 509 kb/s / 1 509 kb/s
Channel(s) : 8 channels / 7 channels / 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: C, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 93.750 FPS (512 SPF)
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy / Lossy
Stream size : 121 MiB (14%)
Title : DTS-HD MA 7.1
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No
Original source medium : Blu-ray
It seems to also have a Bitsream parsing issue with the EAC3 (DD+) 7.1 streams,
1: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
2: DTS Master Audio, English, 7.1 (strange setup) channels, 24 bits, 48kHz, dialnorm: -4dB
(core: DTS-ES, 5.1 channels, 1509kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -4dB)
"DTS-HD MA 7.1"
3: AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 320kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
"DD 2.0"
4: EAC3, French, 7.1 channels, 48kHz, dialnorm: -0dB
"DDP 7.1"

5: AC3, French, 5.1 channels, 512kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
"DD 5.1"
6: EAC3, German, 7.1 channels, 48kHz, dialnorm: -0dB
"DDP 7.1"

7: AC3, German, 5.1 channels, 512kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
"DD 5.1"
Bitstream parsing for tracks 4 and 6 failed. <WARNING>
Demuxing these tracks may still produce correct results - or not. <WARNING>
Here is a small sample file https://www.mediafire.com/file/8m3w2wva ... 1.zip/file

It'd be greatly appreciated if you could look into this & thanks so much for continuing development of this invaluable tool :)