eac3to forked from madshi eac3to 3.36
skull

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by skull »

Curly wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:38 pm
Bandits wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:46 pm
How do I know that the frames at the gaps are handled correctly? I was under the impression that DGDemux was leading the pack on frame gap handling and eac3to was somewhere near the rear with tsMuxeR in the middle.
Please don't use this thread for such questions. It is not intended as a tutorial on processing and testing.. If you have a bug to report or a feature to request then go for it. Otherwise make a separate thread and hope someone has time to explain things. You can see I am already overwhelmed. Thank you.
Agreed, let's keep this thread clean and lower Curly's stress level. I just want to add to the above, if there are any questions about general eac3to operation/usage etc. there is an existing doom9 forum thread with over 500 pages you should search/browse - your question may be answered already or you can post it there, if your situation applies to v3.36 or earlier: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=125966

The .ini concept is fantastic. Looking forward to helping test and debug as development continues. :)
Curly

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by Curly »

Thank you, skull. madshi requested that we post about our releases over there too, so you may see a new user eac3to_mod in action. I think DG appointed Wonder Women.

I have completed the reversion to original behavior and the addition of the new option. Now I have to tie it to the CRC code. Then the INI file.

See this? Bop. Ngyah!
Curly Howard
Director of EAC3TO Development
Curly

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by Curly »

skull wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:41 pm
if there are any questions about general eac3to operation/usage etc.
just discuss here in different threads no need to go elsewhere skull cud take charge
Curly Howard
Natasha

EAC3TO_Mod Bug Reports and Feature Requests Only

Post by Natasha »

-0 dB is retarded
skull

Post by skull »

Natasha wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:54 pm
-0 dB is retarded
Unnecessarily harsh. What do you mean by this?
DAE avatar
zappa_2017

Post by zappa_2017 »

thanks for the work is much appreciated, but the link is down, could you check it, thanks
Curly

Post by Curly »

skull, she means -0 is a silly thing. But in fact it is not:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signed_zero

Whether it is appropriate in our context is of course debatable.

You have to get used to Natasha, she's not going away. :(
Curly Howard
Curly

Post by Curly »

zappa_2017 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:56 am
thanks for the work is much appreciated, but the link is down, could you check it, thanks
This is the current test version:

https://rationalqm.us/misc/eac3to_mod_3.39_test.rar

I've updated the first post as well. Thank you for pointing it out and welcome to the forum.
Curly Howard
Curly

Post by Curly »

Here you go guys. This test version implements the INI file concept. Please test and let me know if it is working as intended. I included an INI file that defaults you to keeping DN and running fast. Place the INI file in the same directory as eac3to_mod.exe. Understand that this supports only -fast and -keepDialnorm. It is not designed to allow any other options to be defaulted. I can consider adding others but these are the important ones.

Once this is verified we can move on to addressing the known bugs.

https://rationalqm.us/misc/eac3to_mod_3.40_test.rar
Curly Howard
skull

Post by skull »

Curly wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:32 am
Here you go guys. This test version implements the INI file concept. Please test and let me know if it is working as intended. I included an INI file that defaults you to keeping DN and running fast. Place the INI file in the same directory as eac3to_mod.exe. Understand that this supports only -fast and -keepDialnorm. It is not designed to allow any other options to be defaulted. I can consider adding others but these are the important ones.

Once this is verified we can move on to addressing the known bugs.

https://rationalqm.us/misc/eac3to_mod_3.40_test.rar
Thank you! Will report back on any issues. Quick testing: if you rename .exe to eac3to.exe, the .ini must also be renamed to match. I also tested removing -keepDialnorm from .ini and operation does go back to -removeDialnorm by default. Cheers!
Curly

Post by Curly »

Thank you, skull.

I'm getting pretty good at this Delphi Pascal stuff. I did learn the hard way that Pascal is not case sensitive.
Curly Howard
Curly

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by Curly »

Trunks wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:31 am
command line: eac3to_mod Elemental.2023.2160p.UHD.Blu-ray.HDR.HEVC.TrueHD.Atmos.7.1-COYS 2) -demux -progressnumbers
Can't help you with this as it is a torrent download. I have the ELEMENTAL disk and I do not see these issues. Please do not make reports based on torrents.

Results with 3.40_test:

D:\Don\Programming\Delphi\EAC3TO Mod>eac3to_mod "g:\rips\ELEMENTAL" 3) -demux
Running in fast mode
Keeping dialnorm
M2TS, 1 video track, 7 audio tracks, 6 subtitle tracks, 1:41:24, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 27 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: DTS Master Audio, English, 7.1 channels, 24 bits, 48kHz, dialnorm: -4dB
(core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 1509kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -4dB)
4: DTS Hi-Res, English, 5.1 channels, 2046kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -4dB
(core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 1509kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -4dB)
5: AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 320kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
6: AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 320kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
7: AC3, French, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
8: AC3, Spanish, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
9: AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 320kbps, 48kHz, dialnorm: -27dB
10: Subtitle (PGS), English
11: Subtitle (PGS), French
12: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
13: Subtitle (PGS), English
14: Subtitle (PGS), French
15: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
Creating file "00705 - Chapters.txt"...
v02 Extracting video track number 2...
s11 Extracting subtitle track number 11...
a03 Extracting audio track number 3...
a06 Extracting audio track number 6...
a08 Extracting audio track number 8...
a05 Extracting audio track number 5...
a04 Extracting audio track number 4...
a09 Extracting audio track number 9...
a07 Extracting audio track number 7...
s12 Extracting subtitle track number 12...
s15 Extracting subtitle track number 15...
s14 Extracting subtitle track number 14...
s10 Extracting subtitle track number 10...
s13 Extracting subtitle track number 13...
v02 Creating file "00705 - 2 - h264, 1080p24.h264"...
a03 Creating file "00705 - 3 - DTS Master Audio, English, 7.1 channels, 24 bits, 48kHz.dtsma"...
a04 Creating file "00705 - 4 - DTS Hi-Res, English, 5.1 channels, 2046kbps, 48kHz.dtshr"...
a07 Creating file "00705 - 7 - AC3, French, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz.ac3"...
a08 Creating file "00705 - 8 - AC3, Spanish, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz.ac3"...
a09 Creating file "00705 - 9 - AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 320kbps, 48kHz.ac3"...
a05 Creating file "00705 - 5 - AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 320kbps, 48kHz.ac3"...
a06 Creating file "00705 - 6 - AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 320kbps, 48kHz.ac3"...
a03 Skipping identical DTS frames (seamless branching)...
a04 Skipping identical DTS frames (seamless branching)...
a07 Skipping identical AC3 frames (seamless branching)...
a08 Skipping identical AC3 frames (seamless branching)...
a05 Skipping identical AC3 frames (seamless branching)...
a09 Skipping identical AC3 frames (seamless branching)...
a06 Skipping identical AC3 frames (seamless branching)...
s13 Creating file "00705 - 13 - Subtitle (PGS), English.sup"...
s14 Creating file "00705 - 14 - Subtitle (PGS), French.sup"...
s15 Creating file "00705 - 15 - Subtitle (PGS), Spanish.sup"...
s10 Creating file "00705 - 10 - Subtitle (PGS), English.sup"...
s11 Creating file "00705 - 11 - Subtitle (PGS), French.sup"...
s12 Creating file "00705 - 12 - Subtitle (PGS), Spanish.sup"...
Video track 2 contains 145962 frames.
Subtitle track 10 contains 1950 captions.
Subtitle track 11 contains 1258 captions.
Subtitle track 12 contains 1265 captions.
Subtitle track 13 contains 1820 captions.
Subtitle track 14 contains 1752 captions.
Subtitle track 15 contains 1599 captions.
eac3to processing took exactly 1 minute.
Done.
Curly Howard
DAE avatar
Trunks

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by Trunks »

Curly wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:25 pm
Can't help you with this as it is a torrent download. I have the ELEMENTAL disk and I do not see these issues. Please do not make reports based on torrents.
Well, it is, but the 4K Blu-ray itself was ripped the same way you did it. The disk was not modified/altered, it's a normal rip. MakeMKV was used to rip it, and I imagine it's the same thing for you (or DVDFab or AnyDVD).

I am just trying to help here. ;) And like I said, everything's fine with DGDemux for this disk. I only have the problem with eac3to_mod.

Edit: I will try with the latest eac3to_mod to see. Also, notice that you demuxed 2) and I use 3).
Curly

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by Curly »

Trunks wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:33 pm
Well, it is, but the 4K Blu-ray itself was ripped the same way you did it. The disk was not modified/altered, it's a normal rip. MakeMKV was used to rip it, and I imagine it's the same thing for you (or DVDFab or AnyDVD).
How do you know that?

I can only help with things I can reproduce. I'm not getting any torrents. You do it with the original disk! If you ripped the disk with MakeMKV, you wouldn't have a torrent filename. If you didn't then how do you know how it was made? Or if it was downloaded intact? Did you see my trace above? I'm happy to help you and I appreciate trouble reports, but don't jerk me around.

I used 3) and you used 2), which is the opposite of what you said. Gotta be precise, my friend. I don't know what 2) is for your torrent download. You can try giving the mpls explicitly.
Curly Howard
skull

EAC3TO Mod Project

Post by skull »

Curly wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:37 pm
Trunks wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:33 pm
How do you know that?

I can only help with things I can reproduce. I'm not getting any torrents. You do it with the original disk! If you ripped the disk with MakeMKV, you wouldn't have a torrent filename. If you didn't then how do you know how it was made? Or if it was downloaded intact? Did you see my trace above? I'm happy to help you and I appreciate trouble reports, but don't jerk me around.

I used 3) and you used 2), which is the opposite of what you said. Gotta be precise, my friend. I don't know what 2) is for your torrent download. You can try giving the mpls explicitly.
Agreed, have to use retail discs for bugs and reproducing issues, certainly can't be blatantly using .torrent or 'pirated' files. In the Elemental example though, Curly, I believe you're testing with the HD 1080p disc that has DTS-HD track and the one with supposed issues is the 4K UHD disc which has TrueHD track and seamless branching. Just thought I'd point that out. :)
DAE avatar
Trunks

Post by Trunks »

Curly wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:37 pm
How do you know that?
Well, because there are only three majors ripping tools, so I am assuming you're using one of these. If your question is how do I know that the disk I used was ripped with MakeMKV, the answser is simple: there is a MAKEMKV folder with the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders. I have already ripped disks before and that folder was already there.
I'm happy to help you and I appreciate trouble reports, but don't jerk me around.
I am not making fun of you. Not at all. Like I said, I am trying to help, as simple as that.
skull wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:29 pm
Curly, I believe you're testing with the HD 1080p disc that has DTS-HD track and the one with supposed issues is the 4K UHD disc which has TrueHD track and seamless branching.
Nice catch! I wondered how Curly was able to demux a 4K Blu-ray in only 1 minute. I also have the 1080p disk for this movie and I confirm that everything works fine when demuxing with eac3to_mod.
Bandits wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:40 pm
From a retail disc: Apocalypse Now (1979) [Original and Redux] UHD
[...]
[a04] AC3 encoding doesn't support back channels. Will mix them into the surround.
[a04] Mixing surround channels...
[a04] Remapping channels...
[a04] Encoding AC3 <640kbps> with libAften...
[a04] The audio gaps/overlaps can't be removed from the TrueHD bitstream. <WARNING>
[a04] In order to remove them you'll have to transcode to another format. <WARNING>
Well, I hope this confirm that it's indeed a problem with the current version of eac3to_mod and not the 4K of Elemental (which, once again, has no problem when demuxing with DGDemux).

Hey Curly, I am not a hater, don't worry. Just reporting bugs to help everyone. You did a great job since the first version! :bravo:
Curly

Post by Curly »

OK, my bad. Apologies to you, Trunks. I am going to ask y'all to post a link to purchase any disk you refer to. Can you do that for your Elemental UHD? Same for the Apocalypse Now report.

I see one from Walmart and another called Steelbook.

If I'm going to spend DG's money, I want to be sure I'm going to get the same disk you have. Thank you.
Curly Howard
DAE avatar
Trunks

Post by Trunks »

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Elemental-WM ... 5022502998
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/elemental- ... Id=6554475

The content of the disk is the same, so either one. Like you said, one is Steelbook, the other is not. But the difference is the packaging, not the disk.

For Apocalypse Now, it seems to be the USA disk too based on the English + French + Spanish tracks, but I let Bandits confirm this.
DAE avatar
trojiteEL

Post by trojiteEL »

@Curly: It should not matter which editions you order, main movie files with main TrueHD 7.1 Atmos tracks are 100% identical... difference can be with additional dub tracks or bonuses, nothing else.

Either way this should be 100% safe to order: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Elemental-WM ... om=/search

Apocalypse Now is this edition 100%-ly, there seems to be copies on eBay: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Apocalyp ... ay/241662/
SomeHumanPerson

Post by SomeHumanPerson »

trojiteEL wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:37 pm
It should not matter which editions you order, main movie files with main TrueHD 7.1 Atmos tracks are 100% identical... difference can be with additional dub tracks or bonuses, nothing else.
Not guaranteed for every disc, even for the same publisher and region/country. Mostly safe between "Steelbook" and normal packaging, but past that, it's the Wild West.
DAE avatar
trojiteEL

Post by trojiteEL »

SomeHumanPerson wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:51 pm
trojiteEL wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:37 pm
It should not matter which editions you order, main movie files with main TrueHD 7.1 Atmos tracks are 100% identical... difference can be with additional dub tracks or bonuses, nothing else.
Not guaranteed for every disc, even for the same publisher and region/country. Mostly safe between "Steelbook" and normal packaging, but past that, it's the Wild West.
My post was about those 2 specific UHD blu-ray discs and US editions. Disney or Lionsgate have completely the same masters on different editions/regions. But yeah, if you got different publishers like for example Kino vs Arrow or Criterion vs Canal Studios, that is another story :)
Curly

Post by Curly »

Elemental UHD ordered. Let's do our work with this one before moving on to Apocalypse Now.

40 bucks guys. I could take Natasha out to McDonalds for that!
Curly Howard
SomeHumanPerson

Post by SomeHumanPerson »

trojiteEL wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:56 pm
Disney or Lionsgate have completely the same masters on different editions/regions.
Maybe this is true for those specific publishers, but it's not a general rule, unfortunately. I have seen... I'm going to say Universal, maybe? discs released in different countries/regions with unique encodes of the video and main audio despite being identical in features and basic specs (only subtitles and dub tracks changed). BDInfo usually shows the bitrates being off by 1 or 2 Kbps in these cases. Why they do that is beyond my comprehension.
Curly

Post by Curly »

Guys, in this thread I need solid bug/trouble reports based on your own experience with specific disks. I hope you guys can help by posting solid bug reports. We now have a general discussion thread created by skull you can use for...general discussion.

Thank you for understanding!
Curly Howard
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Curly wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:03 pm
I could take Natasha out to McDonalds for that!
In your dreams.