DG Derangement

Anything related to video and my tools that is not a support request.
Bullwinkle

DG Derangement

Post by Bullwinkle »

What's up with these guys at Doom9? Another hoomin weed seems to have outsprouted them all. If it goes on, a stomping could be in the offing.
Rocky

Re: DG Derangement

Post by Rocky »

Don't lower yourself, Bullwinkle. Don't wrestle with pigs in the mud. As they say, you get filthy and they love it. The guy never contributed a thing to the video community except FUD and silly nonsense. He wouldn't be able to code anything if his life depended on it.

Now let's get busy with demuxing by episode. Where is Sherman when you need him? Gallivanting in the past with his Daddy! Some might say coddiwompling. But you have to love the kid.
Sherman

Post by Sherman »

We're not coddiwompling. We have to save history before it's too late! I'll be back soon to help with demuxing by episode.
Sherman Peabody
Director of Linux Development
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Just relax and ignore them.
Remember, when you think that there can't be a bigger idiot God will prove you wrong by showing you one
;)
Curly

Post by Curly »

It will probably be me, oh no.
Curly Howard
Director of EAC3TO Development
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Curly wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:30 pm
It will probably be me, oh no.
Nah
You are a being of great wisdom
After all, you are the one who said a hot steak beats a cold chop anytime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9mdcKzlQgw
hydra3333

Post by hydra3333 »

I wondered what was going on, and just stumbled across what seem like the applicable posts in the other forum.

Wouldn't be too fussed, seems like a few people with their own views who don't always appreciate great work and knowledgeable advice. Even though they seem good with using your older work ;)

Hope you have fun,
Cheers !
I really do like it here.
Bullwinkle

Post by Bullwinkle »

Thank you for your support, hydra3333. I'm tempted to appoint you an honorary moose, but that might get me in trouble with the Moose Lodge.
Even though they seem good with using your older work
I noticed that too. Further evidence of derangement!
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Further evidence of derangement!
I disagree
I believe it is evidence of being two faced.
They like your older tools because they are free
They dislike you because your newer tools aren't (like $15 for the bunch is a lot, I used to pee more than that on a Saturday night when I younger)
I remember something negative, way back, because your stuff is not opencl/gl compatible, guess that person couldn't use it in their GUI

They are not deranged for the most part, they want your work to be free, yet they will charge for their real life work
Two faced!
Also a tad of resentment over your days as a mod
Nowadays even mods help with rule 6 stuff, as you know
You made them follow the rules back then and they are still pissed
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Good points, gonca, although I might point out that nobody seems to hate jdobbs, even though he has paid versions. To be honest, it seems like it is only the europeon cohort that has daggers out for me. Could be a little USA envy (I hope they love the DGDemuxGUI banner). And now with the EU going down, watch out for them to really lose their lunch. Should be an amusing spectacle.

An oft overlooked point is that free open-source software very often gets abandoned, or forked into nightmare situations. Remember the FFMPEG wars? And you thought DLL hell was bad? Look at Avisynth hell nowadays (pinterf does a great job of trying to keep things moving along but it's like wading in quicksand). Sometimes I think we should all just coalesce around Vapoursynth (heresy I know). A developer making even a modest amount of money will be much more likely to keep things going. Is it so terrible?
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Enough to cover the expenses sometimes is a good motivator, a display that your efforts are appreciated.
Nowadays it is expected that the developer code, fix bugs and add features on demand, and absorb all expenses (makemkv and bd_rebuilder are two examples)
You ask for a $15 donation (you evil devil) :twisted: :P one time all updates/upgrades included and they turn on you
If you gave it away for free they would have a parade in your name
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

gonca wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:27 am
If you gave it away for free they would have a parade in your name
Not so sure about that. The derangement runs very deep. And I haven't seen any parade for DGMPGDec, DGSplit, DGPulldown, various free CUDA filters, etc.
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Well, there was that period in your life when you made the all the members at Doom9 follow the rules
There is some resentment over that, believe it or not
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

True that.
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Just remember
Opinions are like a..holes, everyone has one and no two are truly alike
Doom9 is full of opinions
Interpret this as you may