Warning for container FPS != ES FPS

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
Boulder
Moose Approved

Post by Boulder »

Would it be possible to have DGIndexNV warn if the container framerate differs from the video track framerate? I've sometimes come across Matroska files where this happens, and eac3to shows a little warning message. I guess the video framerate is the one to trust so it would also be good to allow using that in the DGI file. This deviation probably also affects the chapters2qp functionality.
tormento
DG Approved/Moose Approved

Feature Requests

Post by tormento »

Boulder wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:12 am
Would it be possible to have DGIndexNV warn if the container framerate differs from the video track framerate?
It is much easier to use MediaInfo than to introduce complexity. JM2C
DAE avatar
Boulder
Moose Approved

Feature Requests

Post by Boulder »

tormento wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:34 am
Boulder wrote:
Would it be possible to have DGIndexNV warn if the container framerate differs from the video track framerate?
It is much easier to use MediaInfo than to introduce complexity. JM2C
I can use an external tool like MediaInfo or eac3to, but since I don't use them for other purposes, it's an extra step. Besides, there is the need to fix the DGI file manually regardless.
Bullwinkle
Moose Approved

Feature Requests

Post by Bullwinkle »

Boulder wrote:
Would it be possible to have DGIndexNV warn if the container framerate differs from the video track framerate? I've sometimes come across Matroska files where this happens, and eac3to shows a little warning message. I guess the video framerate is the one to trust so it would also be good to allow using that in the DGI file. This deviation probably also affects the chapters2qp functionality.
We can have a popup on open that notifies the mismatch and allows to select which frame rate to use. Then of course someone will ask for an option to disable the popup.
DAE avatar
Boulder
Moose Approved

Feature Requests

Post by Boulder »

Bullwinkle wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:50 am
Boulder wrote:
We can have a popup on open that notifies the mismatch and allows to select which frame rate to use. Then of course someone will ask for an option to disable the popup.
I was thinking along the lines of the d2v file correction DGIndex had. A popup and a question to fix the index file. By default, fix applied (also for CLI).
Rocky
Moose Approved

Post by Rocky »

Please test this and advise if it does what you need. It checks for a mismatch on open. There is a new controlling option in settings that lets you choose what to do when a mismatch is detected:

Prompt
Use ES FPS
Use Container FPS

Please open DGIndexNV and then close it once before testing to get the INI file updated.

https://rationalqm.us/misc/DGIndexNV_test.zip
DAE avatar
Boulder
Moose Approved

Post by Boulder »

Rocky wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 12:17 pm
Please test this and advise if it does what you need. It checks for a mismatch on open. There is a new controlling option in settings that lets you choose what to do when a mismatch is detected:

Prompt
Use ES FPS
Use Container FPS

Please open DGIndexNV and then close it once before testing to get the INI file updated.

https://rationalqm.us/misc/DGIndexNV_test.zip
Thank you for the test version. It will take a longer time to get to test it as my house is under a bigger renovation job and I'm living in a temporary flat for the next three weeks or so. All the computer stuff had to be left behind :cry: Nevertheless, the proposed method sounds good to me :D
Rocky
Moose Approved

Post by Rocky »

Ooh, computer withdrawal. I feel for you. Good luck with the renovation.

One question: should I suppress the popup on CLI operation, and if so, use the container or ES frame rate?
DAE avatar
Boulder
Moose Approved

Post by Boulder »

Rocky wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 7:37 am
Ooh, computer withdrawal. I feel for you. Good luck with the renovation.

One question: should I suppress the popup on CLI operation, and if so, use the container or ES frame rate?
Hehe, must be the longest time without a (personal) computer since my C64 broke down some time in the late 80s. "Fortunately" I work in IT, so it's still pretty much a 8/5 thing all week anyway.

I vote for suppressing the popup and using the ES frame rate. I'd say that works correctly in 99,5% of the cases.
Rocky
Moose Approved

Post by Rocky »

OK then, so be it.

"since my C64 broke down"

You made me choke on my acorn!
Rocky
Moose Approved

Post by Rocky »

Released in build 243.