7.1 channels in audio name

Support forum for DGDecNV
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Disgusting. You and your space heater. While people are freezing in their beds. You know who!
Baltasar

Post by Baltasar »

Natasha wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:13 pm
While people are freezing in their beds.
A most astute observation, highlighting a chronic human condition. Indeed, my erstwhile wife, said to be of impeccable family, sublime education, and a devoted disciple of the Divine, was indeed bitterly cold in bed. It was an obstacle between us until I discovered alternative outlets, and reaped the bounty that the good Lord so generously supplies. I advise you all to do the same.
Britney

Post by Britney »

You are officially crazy. Get help.
Curly

Post by Curly »

Me too. Help me too.
DAE avatar
oniiz86

Post by oniiz86 »

Guest 2 wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:43 pm
I have found that the BDs of the first two Evangelion movies have 6.1 DTS audio.

It's recognized as 5.1 by DGIndexNV.
Rocky wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:52 am
I released a fixed DGDemux for your THD "0ch" issue. I want to fix the 6.1 showing as 5.1 first before looking at your Cowboy Bebop stuff. Regarding DGCube internal conversions, honestly, I just can't get motivated it for it right now. Maybe later.
I was wondering if the 6.1 channel audio incorrectly labelled as 5.1 was fixed in any subsequent update, I'm assuming it is a different unrelated issue than the "Distinguish 5.1/7.1 for DTS in the GUI and demuxed filename." that was fixed from 2 months ago?
Curly

Post by Curly »

Rocky told me it hasn't been addressed yet. I don't know if Sherman might work on it. Honestly, it doesn't seem like a big deal.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Here is a test version that supports proper distinguishing of 5.1/6.1/7.1 DTS. Your testing will be appreciated.

BTW, during my testing I noticed that MediaInfo sometimes gets things wrong, while ffprobe appears to be fully correct.

I'll port this to DGDemux after it checks out OK.

http://rationalqm.us/misc/DGIndexNV_DTS.rar
DAE avatar
oniiz86

Post by oniiz86 »

@Rocky Thanks so very much for releasing a fix for the "6.1 Audio" issue, unfortunately I cannot test this as I'm receiving an error when trying to open the DGIndexNV application, it mentions "Entry Point Not Found", perhaps it's a Windows 7 issue?
It would be great if @Guest 2 could verify the issue is indeed fixed as I believe he discovered this issue initially a few months ago :)
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Let's get your issue solved too. What is your nVidia card and what is your driver version?

Most likely, you need to upgrade your nVidia driver.
DAE avatar
oniiz86

Post by oniiz86 »

I also tried DGDecNV build 246 with the same "The procedure entry point cuvidGetDecoderCaps could not be located in the dynamic link library nvcuvid.dll" error, my GPU is a woefully outdated & underpowered GTX 680, I'm still on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, is Windows 7 still supported?
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Win7 should be OK.

You did not answer the most important question: what nVidia driver version are you running? You can try upgrading the driver to the latest that still works with your card.

If you are just looking for a DGDecNV version that works without cuvidGetDecoderCaps(), try with version 244. It is available on DG site.
DAE avatar
oniiz86

Post by oniiz86 »

I didn't mention my driver as I'm ashamed to say it is still on its release driver 301.10, I don't have much faith in Nvidia's driver stability they are always rife with issues, so for me I just let it remain on 301.10 & have been fine, I understand it's most certainly ill-advised for gaming but fine for my casual use of occasional gaming & browsing the internet ;)
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I believe you have an overly pessimistic view of nVidia drivers. The small issues have no effect on DGDecNV use cases and millions of people use the latest drivers. I'll go ahead and release this as I have tested it extensively.