GPU decoder error with 245.

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
renols

Post by renols »

Hi.

This is probably some issue on my old PC running windows 7, but before I start to pull everything apart, I could maybe get a pointer here, as to where to look for the problem.

dgdecnv_244-220802 works fine

dgdecnv_245-220810 gives an error when I click "Open MPLS" in the "Choose MPLS file" window.

The error says "GPU decoder: output format not supported on this device [0]. Exiting..."

Maybe it is a driver issue, since I haven't updated the driver for a long time. But with 244 I don't get that error.

It is a Bluray disc I am working with (not 4k).

I am using dgdecnv_245-220810 on my windows 10 PC with a GTX-1050 without any problems.

The GPU on my Windows 7 PC is a GTX-960.

Any suggestion as to what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance

renols
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

nVidia driver version?

Is your Win7 32-bit or 64-bit? Do you run 32-bit or 64-bit DGIndexNV?

Video format? AVC? HEVC? other? Resolution?

Does it happen with all files and video types?

Meanwhile, I'll play a hunch. Re-download the Guest 2 test and try that. 245 has a new test of decoder capabilities to ensure that the requested output format is supported. Maybe that doesn't work in earlier drivers. The build linked above tests capabilities only if the input format is HDB, it being reasonable to assume that NV12 is always supported.

https://rationalqm.us/misc/DGIndexNV_Guest 2.exe (64 bit)

If that doesn't work I will make a debug build for you.
DAE avatar
renols

Post by renols »

Rocky wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:12 pm
nVidia driver version?

Is your Win7 32-bit or 64-bit? Do you run 32-bit or 64-bit DGIndexNV?

Video format? AVC? HEVC? other? Resolution?

Does it happen with all files and video types?

Meanwhile, I'll play a hunch. Re-download the Guest 2 test and try that. 245 has a new test of decoder capabilities to ensure that the requested output format is supported. Maybe that doesn't work in earlier drivers. The build linked above tests capabilities only if the input format is HDB, it being reasonable to assume that NV12 is always supported.

https://rationalqm.us/misc/DGIndexNV_Guest 2.exe (64 bit)

If that doesn't work I will make a debug build for you.
Hi.

The Guest 2 build doesn't give the error, and seems to be working.

I am trying to open a BD disc, so it is AVC format. I am using 64 bit version. Nvidia driver is 398.11 (yes, I said it was an old driver). I can try to update driver, but since I have previously had no problems, I normally don't update just to update :-)

renols
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

OK, thank you renols. We'll go with this fix. Please use that exe until I release a slipstream. Note that this test is not present in DGDecodeNV. Thank you for your report and testing!
I am trying to open a BD disc, so it is AVC format.
BDs can be MPEG2 and VC1 as well. ;)