Multiple framerate in Cowboy Bebop

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

I have bought the italian BDs of Cowboy Bebop.

To maintain the original quality and "feeling", they kept the various framerate in the video, i.e. 23.976p, 29.97p and 60i, soft tagging the video as 29.97p.

I don't know exactly how to deal with them. The ideal would be to keep the 23.976p untouched, IVTC the 29.97p to 23.976p and somehow convert the 60i to the very same 23.976p of the other parts (ideas are welcome).

Of course that shouldn't touch video total lenght (in time), not to have to resync audio + subs too.

I am open to any hint and strategy about automatic FILM recognition of DGIndexNV and how to use it at its best.

Here is a small sample. Sorry for the moderately big size, I wanted to keep the three framerates.

https://krakenfiles.com/view/ZCTElUsXUN/file.html
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

This was the first anime series I ever "got into" and it was the main stream used to develop Telecide/Decimate. It will be fun to revisit it to see if any more modern stuff can help. But first I want to fix your 'DTS 6.1 shown as 5.1' issue.

I do see that the resolution is bluray and the file is .m2ts. The stuff I worked with was the DVD series. It will be interesting to see how they differ. One thing I noticed right away is a much higher grain/noise level in your clip. Begging for DGDenoise.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

Rocky wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:54 am
This was the first anime series I ever "got into" and it was the main stream used to develop Telecide/Decimate.
Wow! :D
Rocky wrote:
It will be fun to revisit it to see if any more modern stuff can help.
Italian BDs from Dynit are universally recognized as the best encoded ones. Not just for Bebop. I can't send you the whole box (>200 GB) but some parts for sure. Try to look at the one I sent you. I have never properly used TFM/TIVTC. It seems they can input/output log file to have a easier life (I dunno how). Perhaps something similar could be achieved in DGTools.
Rocky wrote:
But first I want to fix your 'DTS 6.1 shown as 5.1' issue.
That is done, as far as I can see. There is the neglected DGCUBE too. :mrgreen:
Rocky wrote:
The stuff I worked with was the DVD series. It will be interesting to see how they differ.
The most important difference is that Dynit kept the original framerates. No deinterlace, bobbing or IVTC, nothing. Thus the problematic processing.
Rocky wrote:
One thing I noticed right away is a much higher grain/noise level in your clip. Begging for DGDenoise.
Indeed. You know I am always eager to try a native BM3D CUDA filter too :mrgreen:
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Please look at the last few posts of the 7.1 thread. I need the Evangelion stream and DGCube is mentioned.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

DAE avatar
Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

Assuming that film/video are correct as reported, is possible, while indexing, have the ranges of different fps?

Something such as:

1-152 23.976p
153-256 29.97p
256-300 60i

and so on.
Curly

Post by Curly »

If I could read Italian I would make the best parmigiana. Ever.

Best olive oil extra virgin wink wink.

Getting close on DG approval. Stand by. Attention hut hut.