Issue with playlist beginning with video-only m2ts

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
Boulder

Post by Boulder »

I'm having an issue with the Kino Lorber release of "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" (the pilot movie of the TV series). If I load the playlist in DGIndexNV, no audio tracks are detected. This is probably because the first m2ts file only contains a short video clip (The Kino Lorber logo). This is what eac3to outputs for the playlist:

Code: Select all

1) 00004.mpls, 00010.m2ts+00004.m2ts+00000.m2ts, 1:29:04
   - Chapters, 9 chapters
   - h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
And this is what it shows upon loading that playlist.

Code: Select all

M2TS, 1 video track, 2 audio tracks, 1 subtitle track, 1:29:04, 28.472p
1: Chapters, 9 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: DTS Master Audio, 2.0 channels, 16 bits, 48kHz
   (core: DTS, 2.0 channels, 1509kbps, 48kHz)
4: AC3, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48kHz, 32ms
5: Subtitle (PGS)
I think I've seen similar things with some other KL release, I just don't remember how I fixed it. I could always load the main m2ts file and be done with it, but the chapters will be missing :x Using eac3to to demux everything would most likely screw up the a/v and subtitle sync since some serious amount of delay would be needed for both.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

After you open the disk using 'File/Open Disk', in the 'Choose MPLS File' dialog, check the 'Skip First M2TS' option, then hit the 'Open MPLS' button.

If you have an older version of DGIndexNV, you may need to upgrade to get this option. I always recommend upgrading to the most recent version (that's the one online at this moment), especially as there have been bugs in the 'skip first' option. That option is believed to be clean and stable in the latest slipstream (online).
DAE avatar
Boulder

Post by Boulder »

Rocky wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:35 pm
After you open the disk using 'File/Open Disk', in the 'Choose MPLS File' dialog, check the 'Skip First M2TS' option, then hit the 'Open MPLS' button.

If you have an older version of DGIndexNV, you may need to upgrade to get this option. I always recommend upgrading to the most recent version (that's the one online at this moment), especially as there have been bugs in the 'skip first' option. That option is believed to be clean and stable in the latest slipstream (online).
Thank you, works perfectly :D I'm so used to using the normal Open dialog that I didn't even know of this functionality to skip the first or last M2TS..
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Good to hear. Thank you for the update. Just please be sure to use the latest online version, because there were bugs in this functionality that are corrected in the latest version.