MP4 framerate detected incorrectly

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
Boulder

Post by Boulder »

I've worked on the Double Fine PsychOdyssey 4K files to re-encode them, and I noticed that the last three episodes have an incorrectly detected framerate. The real video framerate is 30p but DGIndexNV marks it as 29.97p. Running ffprobe on the mp4 file shows that the actual video track framerate is correct.

You can use this link to see the behaviour (a big download):
https://archive.org/download/Double_Fin ... ode_31.mp4
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Investigating...
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Are you running GUI or CLI? The latest DGIndexNV GUI pops up a dialog box on open saying that the ES and container frame rates differ and gives you a choice of which to use.
DAE avatar
Boulder

Post by Boulder »

Rocky wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:09 pm
Are you running GUI or CLI? The latest DGIndexNV GUI pops up a dialog box on open saying that the ES and container frame rates differ and gives you a choice of which to use.
I ran the process using the CLI -- my fault, I had that setting as "ES FPS" as it's 99% correct, but this time it seems not :oops:

Is it possible to pop up the dialog if "Prompt" is enabled? I think it uses the container FPS if that's selected.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Yes, if prompt is set with CLI it uses the container rate, which is what you want here.

We are averse to having dialogs pop up with CLI. Whenever we do it, people howl.

Are you able to live with things as they are? Feel free to edit the DGI file, or use AssumeFPS(), in the rare case it's needed.

Something else we could consider is having a general option 'allow popups with CLI'.
DAE avatar
Boulder

Post by Boulder »

Yes, I can work like this as it's business as usual. It's easy to identify the problem while checking the end result and then fix it in the muxing phase.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Great, thank you.