DGDecodeNV over network

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
olex99

DGDecodeNV over network

Post by olex99 »

I've just bought a new computer to work on my videos. I've currently got it set up where I index and store my videos on one computer and then edit them on my new computer using avisynth+.

When I first tried to open the video in avisynth I received an error saying can't find DGIndexNV.ini. I eventually worked out a way around this by changing the path at line 2 in the index file to be the network path to the DGIndex folder where I indexed the files from.

Is there a way around needing to update the index file to point at a network location? I do use relatively paths but that doesn't work for this case. If this is by design then I can just update my process to index through the network share so the path is correct but just thought i'd ask incase there is a setting I could update.

Using version 249.
Rocky

DGDecodeNV over network

Post by Rocky »

Greetings, olex99, good to hear from you again. Is it just the DGIndexNV.ini that is a problem? Don't you have the same problem with the video file paths as well? Or does relative paths solve those? If it is just the INI file I may be able to concoct something. It would require a code change as there is no facility already existing that could solve it.

The only reason DGSource() needs the INI file is to get the StrictAVC option. I never liked having to do that. Maybe that could be replaced with a simple DGSource() option, and then I could get rid of that DGI file line completely. I'm thinking this would be the best thing to do.

Any other idea you may have that we could do to help here would be welcome. Or, if you like my idea we can go ahead with that. I could whip up a test version in a New York minute.
Rocky

DGDecodeNV over network

Post by Rocky »

I'm posting here as a ping because I changed my answer several times. ;)
DAE avatar
olex99

DGDecodeNV over network

Post by olex99 »

Hey Rocky,

Yeah it's just the DGIndexNV.ini file that its complaining about. Relative Path solves the issue with the video file. As i said currently I just change the second line of the index file to be the network path, I assume that's how it finds the ini file.

It seems cleaner to me to have an option added to DGSource for the StrictAVC and then it wouldn't need to check the ini but that may be a breaking change so not sure how you feel about those, another option may be adding that setting directly to the index file but again that would result in a new file version. Obviously up to you what you want to do, i'm not across what that StrctAVC option actually does, if the index file doesn't change based on that option then id go with a new prop on DGSource.

Thanks for all your work, donated back in 2009 and still use the software most days.
Rocky

DGDecodeNV over network

Post by Rocky »

OK, then I will add the option and not try to read the INI file. I will leave that line in the DGI file so that the index file format doesn't change. Look for a test version later this morning.
Rocky

DGDecodeNV over network

Post by Rocky »

Here is a test version (64-bit):

https://rationalqm.us/misc/DGDecodeNV_olex99.rar

There is no option yet but if you confirm this solves your network issue then I will add that and make a formal release.
DAE avatar
olex99

DGDecodeNV over network

Post by olex99 »

Yep that dll works perfectly.
Rocky

DGDecodeNV over network

Post by Rocky »

Thank you for testing. The fix is released as build 250. Marking resolved.