Create Source/Encode Comparison Screenshots

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
khachla

Post by khachla »

Hi!
I recently started getting used to using DGdecNV in combination with Avisynth. I see some people have created a comparison image for their encoding with enable textual information overlay on the output video frames and they can name it something like the one here:

https://pixhost.to/show/304/452475846_screenshot_1.png

Please help me with the script to create it.
Thanks a lot!
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Welcome to the forum!

Not sure why your image wouldn't display so I changed it to an URL. I'll check into it. Maybe the host blocks you from hot-linking.

Those guys are using show/show2 options to DGSource():

show: true/false (default: false)
Enable textual information overlay on the output video frames. Currently the information displayed is the DGDecodeNV version number, the GOP number, the display and coded frame numbers, and the frame coding type. Note that if leading orphaned B frames exist at the beginning of the stream, they are replaced with copies of the first I frame, and so the overlay will show data for the first I frame for each of the leading orphaned B frames. Also note that the frame numbers appropriately reflect the setting of the fieldop option.

show2: string (default: "")
Modifies the display of the show parameter (show must be set to true for this to have any effect). The control string has this format: "x,y,custom", where x and y give the offset in the frame for display of the show information, and custom is a string that will be displayed as the last line of the displayed information. If no custom string is needed, leave that field blank. It is the users responsibility to ensure that the displayed information is not pushed off the frame as that will cause a crash (error checking for this may be added in a future version).

Maybe they did:

DGSource(..., show=true,show2="0,0,Source")
DAE avatar
khachla

Post by khachla »

Rocky wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:07 am
DGSource(..., show=true,show2="0,0,Source")
I was able to do that, it was amazing. Thank you again for your support. Have a nice day! :)
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

You're welcome.